We love dogs and realize that more and more travelers are taking their beloved pets with them. That is why we are welcoming travelers with dogs with “open paws.” Our Pampered Pooch Accommodations includes a comfortable and plush fleece dog bed, gourmet dog biscuits, water and food bowl, and an extensive list of local outdoor recreational activities for you and your pet to enjoy, doggy daycare options, and local veterinarians just in case something unexpected occurs. To respect our other guests, we have a limit of two well behaved dogs per room (no size restrictions), and require that dogs not be left unattended at anytime in your room and be kept on leash in all public areas. Guests will be asked to sign and adhere to our pet policies and etiquette upon arrival and check-in.
• Plush fleece dog bed
• Gourmet biscuits
• Food & water bowl
• Pet welcome packet (list of local pet resources)
• Warm greeting and a rub behind the ears
• There is a $35/pet/night fee for guests with dogs;
• There is a maximum of two dogs allowed per room;
• Several rooms are designated pet friendly. Please inquire upon making your reservation;
• Pets may never be left unattended in your room at anytime;
• Your dog(s) must be kept on leash at all times outside of your room in all public areas of the Inn;
• Keep identification on your pet at all times;
• Please keep a disposable poop bag with you during walks so you can clean up after your pet;
• Please feed your pet in the tiled bathroom rather than on our carpet or wood floors to minimize any spillage or staining while eating and drinking;
• If your dog barks frequently, other guests may be disturbed, so please take steps to comfort and positively reward your pooch for not barking. Guests may be asked to leave if their dog excessively barks and disturbs other guests;
• Please prevent your pet from jumping on the furniture or beds. As a precaution, please cover the furniture or bed with a towel or your own covers from home. Please use the plush fleece lined and filled pet bed we have provided for your pet to sleep on.
• Please wipe off muddy or wet paws before your pet enters the Inn;
• If any damage occurs to your room or Inn as a result of your pet’s behavior any repair and/or cleaning bills will be charged to your folio.
Based on recommendations by Lord Camden Inn’s Director of Pet Relations and our numerous pet guests, we’ve discovered some favorite pet companies that we’d like you to know about. Some make traveling with a pet a whole lot easier and others supply pets with tasty treats and stylish amenities.
Harbor Hounds Located just 15-minutes south in Rockland, Harbor Hounds is simply the best doggy daycare and boarding facility our area has to offer. If you are in need of a safe and affordable day care facility to leave your dog for the day this is the place. Harbor Hounds is staffed by ABKA certified professionals, and offers both indoor and outdoor facilities under constant supervision. During the summer months, outdoor pool play is an all-day affair as is chasing balls.
Loyal Biscuit Co. The Loyal Biscuit Co. is an independent dog and cat supply boutique with three great locations—Downtown Rockland, Maine; Knox Mill, Camden, Maine; and Reny’s Plaza, Belfast, Maine! They are your destination for the best in healthy, holistic, all-natural food and treats, plus the best in toys, collars, leashes, beds, and more. They love dogs and cats, and pets mean the world to them, and they understand how much your pets mean to you!