Traveling during these uncertain times has proven particularly stressful and cumbersome. Every State and every venue has different protocols, and knowing what to do before check-in seems impossible to predict. Today, I’m going to provide you some insider intel; how to make sure that your trip goes off without a hitch!
- Don’t be afraid to call ahead with questions! For example, here at Lord Camden Inn, each member of our front desk staff has been rigorously trained on the most up-to-date government and State guidelines. We are updated of any new additions or changes as they happen, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have!
- Check the Maine CDC’s website for any travel advisories before you head to Maine! We are beginning to adapt to the ever-changing environment that this pandemic has created, but the state CDC website is definitely the most up-to-date resource available. https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/.
- If you’re looking for specific amenities, call ahead to make sure they are still open, and available. During this unpredictable time, we cannot be sure of operational hours for local businesses. Hotel staff will happily reach out for you upon arrival, if there is a specific attraction, store or dining establishment you are hoping to visit!
- Be prepared to deal with unusual changes to parking, meal service, room service, and housekeeping. Unfortunately, one thing that the Coronavirus has temporarily taken away from our industry is our ability to provide “hands-on” customer service we all strive to adhere to. Many of our normal operational procedures have had to be dramatically reduced, modified or entirely eliminated in order to safely serve our guests. However, we’ve adapted, or “pivoted” as they say, and are still able to provide a memorable and safe experience. Please don’t hesitate to ask the hotel staff how they can best meet ANY and ALL needs that you have, within these parameters.
- Ask for advice! We live in the area, and are usually the best source of information when it comes to recreation, shopping, entertainment, dining, and more. We are learning along with our guests, and sharing these new-found ways to enjoy ourselves with those new to our area provides an extra something special to your experience.
Remember that in this constantly changing environment, we are working to provide you with as safe, worry-free and seamless a stay as possible. I speak for all of us in the leisure and travel business when I say that this past year has tested our resolve, and we have worked to innovate and create functional work-arounds for our guests in every area. Please let us know if something did not work for you, so that we can approach it differently going forward. We truly wish to provide you with an experience that will take your mind off of everything that is happening in the world around us. Safe Travels!