Learn more about our safety protocols, cleaning procedures and local dining options here:
We know many of you are dreaming about your next getaway to Camden, Maine. At Lord Camden Inn, we’re committed to providing you with a safe and enjoyable stay and have a longstanding commitment to cleanliness and safety for our employees and guests. On top of our already very high standards for cleaning, we have pledged to adhere to the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s new Safe Stay program. Safe Stay represents a new level of focus for an industry already built on cleanliness and service excellence. It is an industry-wide, enhanced standard of health and safety protocols, designed in accordance with CDC guidelines to meet the needs of the current public health crisis. We want to give you peace of mind when you choose to stay with us.
As we always aim to meet your needs in today’s travel climate, our staff have been thoroughly trained to implement program procedures at our property.
Read on to hear more about the program and the protocols we’ve implemented to ensure you have a safe and pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you at Lord Camden Inn.
Social Distancing Measures:
As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
Safe Stay Cleaning Standards – Our Pledge To You:
- Enhanced cleaning standards throughout the hotel, including guest rooms, meeting spaces, common areas, back-of-house spaces, and food & beverage outlets;
- Superior hospital-grade cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria-killing ingredients, in accordance with CDC guidelines;
- Social distancing practices and reducing person-to-person contact;
- Increased transparency and signage throughout the guest journey;
- Rigorous staff training to ensure quality and consistency of cleaning measures;
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn by employees per Federal and State regulations
- As part of our expanded cleaning services, we have also increased the frequency at which we clean high-touch areas throughout our public spaces and in guestrooms. Our staff uses the highest quality EPA-approved disinfectant—alongside advanced cleaning techniques that use UV light technology and HEPA filtration—to ensure our spaces remain clean and safe for you to use.
Front Desk, Bell & Valet Services:
Front desk agents will practice social distancing and dawn PPE as suggested by State guidelines. The use of technology to reduce direct contact with guests, lobby population and front desk queue will be put in place, where feasible. In addition, express check-in and check-out options will be available and contactless payment processes are encouraged. Self-parking options will be emphasized in place of valet services, and bellman services will be provided upon request using proper social distancing, gloves and sanitization as needed.
Linens, towels and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including washing items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Where possible, launder items using the warmest permissible water setting for the items and dry items completely. Dirty linen shall be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
Our traditional buffet breakfast service is temporarily replaced with a delicious, fresh made grab-and-go brown bag breakfast. All of our servers and chefs will be wearing personal protection equipment (PPE), and utensils and wares will be eco-friendly disposable whenever possible.
Local Dining Options:
- The View at 16 Bay View: Open everyday at 4pm for rooftop seating & takeout. For dining info or to view a menu visit: www.16bayview.com or their FaceBook page.
- The Bagel Cafe: Open 7 days a week for curbside/call in/takeout. Call them a day ahead for larger orders or dozens, please. Visit www.bagelcafemaine.com or their FaceBook page.
- Blaze Brewing: Open Wednesday-Sunday from 11:30-9pm, closed Monday & Tuesday. Visit www.blazebrewing.com or their FaceBook page.
- Boynton Mckay: Offering the fan favorites as a limited take out menu, as well as daily specials, and a full coffee bar. Take out only- call ahead or show up and place an order to go. Also offering the insanely popular Ruckus Donuts. Visit their FaceBook page for more info.
- Camden Deli: Offering orders to go, Open 7 Days a Week, 7am–7pm, (Online Ordering Available 11am-5pm). Visit https://www.camdendeli.com/order-food-online
- Fresh & Co.: Open Tuesday – Saturday at 5pm. Dine-in/curbside/to go, limited outdoor dining. Reservations strongly recommended. https://www.freshcamden.com
- Long Grain: Open for takeout orders, Tuesday-Saturday form 11:30am-2:45pm & 4:30pm-9:00pm. Closed on Sunday & Monday. Visit https://www.longgraincamden.com
- Peter Ott’s: Open Tuesday-Sunday 12pm-8pm. Closed Mondays. Currently offering outdoor dining/takeout/ curbside pickup. Tor order by phone call 207.236.4032 or order online at www.peterotts.com They are not accepting reservations at this time. Dining on the deck is first come, first serve. Masks are required before entry.
- Sea Dog: Open 7 days a week, 12pm-8pm. Curbside pickup/delivery/ limited dine-in. Visit their FaceBook for more info.
- Smoothie Shack: Open daily from 10:30am-4pm. Visit their FaceBook page for more info.
- Zoot’s: Open daily from 7am- 4pm. Visit their FaceBook page for more info.
- 40 Paper: Open Tuesday-Saturday, 4pm-8pm. Limited dine-in/patio dining/ takeout. Tables are spaced at least 6′ apart & face masks are required to enter. Visit www.40paper.com or their FaceBook page.